1. produced, growing, or living naturally in a particular region or environment; not exotic
2. native or belonging naturally to the soil, region, culture, people (used primarily of aboriginal or ancient inhabitants)
3. of, pertaining to, or intended for the natives, such as vernacular
4. inborn, innate, inherent, intrinsic
5. naturally, substantially rooted, organic, not contrived or embellished
6. authentic, actual, real; not transplanted, superimposed or artificial; genuine"
Sources: Indigenous in Oxford English, Chambers Etymological English, Webster´s New Universal, American Heritage, Webster´s New Collegiate, and six other dictonaries